Determining a Budget
Find out why replacement cost planning is key for your replacement, remodeling or building project.
7 Things That Affect Your Window Replacement Cost
These factors will help determine the cost of your project.
It's difficult to estimate the cost of your project until a professional can see your home, assess the right installation type and understand your specific needs. In the meantime, use the information below to compare features and options that will affect your project budget.
- Style. Choose from a variety of window styles, including casement, double-hung, bay or bow, awning and more. You'll want to pick one that fits your home, region and lifestyle needs.
- Material. Wood, vinyl or fiberglass – each has its own unique benefits. Do your research to find the right material for your home. The type of material you choose can impact your window replacement costs.
- Features and options. Similar to how choosing accessories for a new car can affect its price, selecting optional features for your windows can impact your project cost.
- Size of project and product. Are you replacing a single window or are you considering a whole-house replacement? Do you want oversized windows? The project cost will vary depending on the size of your project and products needed.
- Installation. While DIY may seem like a cost-effective approach, you should consider your expertise before trying to tackle the project on your own. Research installation methods.
- Warranty. A good warranty will help protect your investment – and should come standard. Become familiar with warranties to understand what will be covered should an issue arise with the product or installation. The Pella Promise covers full-service window and installation services.
- Location. Installation prices may vary based on where you live.
Controlling Your Window Replacement Costs
Some easy ways to save your hard-earned money.
While there are many factors that affect the cost of your new or replacement windows or doors, you can easily find ways to keep your budget in check.
Complete your project in phases.
If you have more than one window or door to replace, it might make sense to tackle the job in phases. Not only does splitting up the project help spread the cost over time, it also minimizes disruption to your home when it’s time for installation.
Ask about special financing offers.
Many manufacturers offer financing options that help you spread the cost of your project over time. Usually, companies will give you special terms. These types of offers are typically only available for a limited time.
Check the manufacturer’s website or ask your window representative about any other current promotions or discounts that could save you money, like a percentage or dollars off products or installation. Being diligent about finding opportunities can help reduce the replacement window or door costs.
Finance Windows and Doors: Convenient Monthly Payments
Replace your windows and doors while paying over time.
We're dedicated to making window and door replacement as convenient as possible. Not only can we help you select and install Pella products, we can also tell you about the financing available for residents of the United States.*
*Special financing is available with approved credit by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Ask your Pella expert for details.
How to Determine Your Project Budget
Estimating your window or door replacement cost.
Buying energy-efficient windows or doors for your project is one of the smartest investments you can make in your home. When installed properly, they’ll help you recoup a significant portion of the project cost in added home value. New windows can return homeowners more than 72% of the project cost upon resale.36
You may be interested in ...
Schedule an in-home appointment to get a no-obligation estimate for your project.
Review the 5 questions that will help you find the best warranty for your windows and doors.
With an array of choices, here's how to find what fits your home.
Next Page: Warranty
Inspired Design. Exceptional Detail.
Get inspiration and upcoming local offers...