Out with the Old ...
... And In With the View. Replacement windows can improve the comfort and style of any space.
Replacing Windows: How It Works
3 steps to new windows.
The window replacement process can be divided into three steps: selection, installation and warranty/service coverage. Here's an overview of what happens each step:
Step 1: Selection
As you set out to find the right window, you'll start by:
- Contacting and meeting with potential partners: direct with manufacturer, home improvement store and/or contractor.
- Understanding your installation options: manufacturer, home improvement store, contractor or DIY.
- Understanding the styles, options and material types that fit your personal style and your home.
- Creating a window budget.
- Getting accurate measurements of your existing windows.
- Receiving a free quote.
- Choosing a replacement partner.
Request a Free Quote
Step 2: Installation
Whether you do it yourself or have someone do it for you, installing replacement windows involves:
- Creating a window installation plan and schedule.
- Prepping your home for installation day.
- Installers containing the work area to minimize disruption to the rest of your home.
Why Choose Pella as Your Installation Partner?
Step 3: Service and Warranty
As you prepare to enjoy life with your new replacement windows, make sure you know:
- How to operate and care for your new replacement windows.
- Who to contact in the event issues with the window or installation arise.
- What your warranties do and do not cover.
Picking the Replacement Option That’s Best for You
There are generally four options to consider for your window replacement project: Working directly with a manufacturer, using an independent contractor, choosing your local home improvement store or doing the job yourself.
Each option has its unique benefits, but ultimately, your choice in a window replacement partner will come down to three things:
- Your knowledge/comfort level with window replacement.
- Your schedule.
- Your budget.
See Pella's Vibrancy Collection for the latest entry door color trends.
From sales to service to installation, everyone at Pella that I dealt with was extremely professional, friendly and always helpful!
- Jill, Pella Customer
Not Convinced It's Time to Replace Windows?
Here's an overview to help you decide which window replacement option is right for your home project.
Do It Yourself
|Visit Your |
|Find a Pella Certified Contractor||Visit Pella Lowe's Stores||Find Instructions|
|In-home consultation with replacement professional||Varies|
|Ability to browse product samples, features and options||Varies|
|Professional measurement of existing windows and windows||Varies|
|Partner with expert product knowledge||Varies||Varies|
|Free project estimate||Varies|
|Discounts and financing offers||Varies||Varies||Varies|
|Manufacturer-trained and certified installers||Varies|
|Single contact throughout process|
|Support center for product- or service-related issues|
8 Benefits of Replacement Windows
Get the biggest bang for your home improvement buck.
You’ll have a hard time finding a project that brings as many benefits – and stretches your investment dollar farther – than replacement windows. Here are some of the benefits you’ll start enjoying from day one:
- Increased home value. Replacement windows can return homeowners 71 to 78 percent of the project cost upon resale.36 Learn about window replacement costs.
- Enhanced safety and security. Windows that don't open easily or are painted shut can be a safety issue. They may prevent you from escaping your home during a fire – when seconds count.
- Reduced dust and allergens. Blinds and shades tucked between the panes of glass stay protected from dust, helping to reduce allergens in your home.
- Improved comfort. Energy-efficient, well-sealed windows can help reduce cold drafts and hot spots in your home.
- Improved energy-efficiency. Drafty, leaky windows make your furnace and air conditioner work harder – and increase heating and cooling costs. Replacement windows can help you save money by improving your energy efficiency.
- More peace and quiet. Insulating frames and triple-pane glass help today's windows reduce the noise from traffic, lawn mowers and barking dogs.
- An enhanced view. New replacement windows can dramatically improve the beauty of your home – inside and out.
- Less time spent cleaning. Today's windows are designed with convenient features like sashes that tilt in – making it easier to clean places that used to be hard to reach. Explore Pella features and options for windows.
You may be interested in ...
Inspired Design. Exceptional Detail.
Get inspiration and upcoming local offers...