Open up the Possibilities
Your front door is one of the first things people notice. Door replacement can improve comfort and style of any space.
Starting Your Door Replacement Project
The right door replacement can dramatically improve your home’s curb appeal – and give a warm welcome to friends, family and guests. Below are some ideas for creating a great entry space you’ll enjoy for years to come.
- Accessorize. Consider decorative glass elements and stunning sidelights for your replacement door to give the exterior of your home an instant facelift.
- Style with hardware. Look for decorative hardware finishes to coordinate with other finishes in your home – such as light fixtures and cabinet hardware.
- Refresh with color. Find a beautiful replacement door that adds a splash of color and helps your home stand out from the rest. For a more dramatic change, consider painting your home’s exterior.
- Accent with lighting. Add a lighted walking path or install spotlights to bring out special landscaping or architectural focal points on your home. The style and finish of your replacement door can complement the outside light fixtures to create a nice, cohesive look.
- Enhance with plants. Draw attention to your new replacement door by placing potted plants nearby. Planters or container gardens offer even more visual appeal. Flowerbeds along driveways and walkways can give your home a softer, more inviting feel as well.
How Door Replacement Works
3 steps to new doors.
The door replacement process can be divided into three steps: selection, installation and warranty/service coverage. Here’s an overview of what happens at each step:
Step 1: Selection:
As you set out to find the right door, you’ll start by:
- Contacting and meeting with potential partners: direct with manufacturer, home improvement store and/or contractor.
- Understanding your installation options: manufacturer, home improvement store, contractor or DIY.
- Understanding the styles, options and material types that fit your personal style and your home.
- Creating a budget.
- Getting accurate measurements of your existing door.
- Choosing a replacement partner.
Step 2: Installation:
Whether you do it yourself or have someone do it for you, installing a new door involves:
- Creating a door installation plan and schedule.
- Prepping your home for installation day.
- Installers containing the work area to minimize disruption to the rest of your home.
Step 3: Service/Warranty:
As you prepare to enjoy life with your new door, make sure you know:
- How to operate and care for your new replacement door.
- Who to contact in the event issues with the door or installation arise.
- What your warranties do and don’t cover.
Picking the Replacement Option That’s Best for You
There are generally four options to consider for your window replacement project: Working directly with a manufacturer, using an independent contractor, choosing your local home improvement store or doing the job yourself.
Each option has its unique benefits, but ultimately, your choice in a window replacement partner will come down to three things:
- Your knowledge/comfort level with window replacement.
- Your schedule.
- Your budget.
See Pella's Vibrancy Collection for the latest entry door color trends.
You may be interested in ...
Next Page: Window Replacement
Inspired Design. Exceptional Detail.
Get inspiration and upcoming local offers...