Pella® Impervia® Fiberglass Single-Hung Window
Pella Impervia single-hung windows, made from our proprietary fiberglass material, are designed and tested for a lifetime of everyday use. Featuring a stationary top sash and a bottom sash that opens and closes for ventilation, they are a great option for rooms that require access to fresh air. Versatile design features and options help deliver a timeless style to any home. Equal sightlines provide a clean, consistent aesthetic.
Impervia Single-Hung Window Features
- Superior strength with our proprietary fiberglass material61
- Rot- and corrosion-free
- Tested for the extremes and suitable for all climates
- Heavy-duty powder-coat finish, including Black
- Provides outstanding resistance to water, wind and outside noises while delivering energy efficiency, security and ease of operation
- Interlocking check rail creates a barrier for air and water infiltration
- Improved security and performance with an exclusive cam-action lock design that pulls one sash into the other
- Exceptional mulling capabilities for larger, unique window combinations
Inside Pella Fiberglass
Pella Impervia windows are created from our exclusive fiberglass formula. A structural mat places rovings in a specific, intricate order to meet our high strength standards. Additional layers of strategically placed rovings are added, then the materials are pulled through a machine, injected with polymer resin and heated. It creates an entirely new, thermoset material which won't break down when exposed to the elements or lose its shape in extreme heat — unlike other materials.
For the Pros
Pella Impervia Single-Hung Window Specs & Install Details
- Made from our proprietary fiberglass material, the strongest material for windows, engineered for lasting durability61
- Can handle the most extreme heat and cold16
- Strong, zinc die-cast locking mechanism for enhanced durability and water resistance
- Single-hung windows available in sizes up to 47-1/2” x 79-1/2”
- Performance class and grade LC40-LC50
Choosing Your Window
Make a design statement with window combinations. Additional combinations are available. See your Pella sales representative for the complete offering.
Combination Design Considerations
- The superior strength of Pella’s fiberglass allows you to combine standard and special-sized windows. together to create larger, unique combinations, made just for your remodel or new construction project.
- Available mulls include integral mullion, tight mullion, 1/2” structural mullion or 1” structural mullion with additional steel reinforcements.
- Solutions that meet design pressure requirements up to DP50.
Pella Impervia fiberglass products have a long-lasting factory powder-coat finish in your choice of five colors plus dual-color frame options. Learn more about interior finishes.
- Pella Impervia windows are made from our proprietary fiberglass material, the strongest material for windows, engineered for lasting durability.61
- With relentless strength and long-lasting durability, Pella’s proprietary fiberglass helps ensure less maintenance with fewer callbacks.
- Our long-lasting powder-coat finish meets AAMA 624 which is the highest rated fiberglass coating among leading national competitors.
- Exclusive thermoset material won't expand, warp or sag in summer heat, or shrink and turn brittle in harsh winter conditions.
Styling Your Window
Pella's cam-action locks are available in today's most popular finishes.
Grilles give the appearance of individual window panes. Pella offers many grille patterns to help enhance your home's architectural style.
Grilles-between-the-glass create the classic look of individual windowpanes. Learn more about grille profiles.
Conventional fiberglass screens come standard.
Pella InView™ screens let in 14% more light and are 8% more open for improved airflow compared to conventional fiberglass screens.5