Pella® Impervia® Fiberglass Picture Window
Pella Impervia picture windows are non-operable. Because they do not open or close, the design helps improve your home’s energy efficiency. Optional extruded aluminum grilles are adhered to both sides of the insulating glass to provide the look of aluminum storefront windows.69 Clean, minimal lines allow for more visible glass — making these windows a great option for modern homes.
Impervia Picture Window Features
- Superior strength with our proprietary fiberglass material61
- Rot- and corrosion-free
- Tested for the extremes and suitable for all climates
- Heavy-duty powder-coat finish, including Black
- Sleek profiles and more glass allow for bold, modern designs in an up-to-date color palette, including Black
- 100x more impact resistant than a leading wood/plastic composite16
- Integrated water management and weep system to resist air and water infiltration
- Significantly improved energy efficiency with dual- or triple-pane glass and optional foam insulation
Browse Other Pella Impervia Windows
Inside Pella Fiberglass
Pella Impervia windows are created from our exclusive fiberglass formula. A structural mat places rovings in a specific, intricate order to meet our high strength standards. Additional layers of strategically placed rovings are added, then the materials are pulled through a machine, injected with polymer resin and heated. It creates an entirely new, thermoset material which won't break down when exposed to the elements or lose its shape in extreme heat — unlike other materials.
For the Pros
Pella Impervia Fixed Frame Window Specs & Install Details
- Timeless style and proven performance with unmatched strength and lasting durability
- Tested to extremes, from -40ºF to 180ºF
- Designed to provide the flexibility of fixed aluminum glazing systems with significantly improved energy efficiency
- Interior reglazing option for easier glass repairs in hard-to-reach locations
- Fixed frame windows available in sizes up to 143-1/2” width or height, with a maximum of 70 square feet
- Performance class and grade CW50
Choosing Your Window
Make a design statement with window combinations. Additional combinations are available. See your Pella sales representative for the complete offering.
Combination Design Considerations
- Create larger, unique combinations, with factory-mulled combinations that help save you time on your remodel or new construction jobsite.
- Integral mullion, tight mullion, 1/2” structural mullion or 1” structural mullion with additional steel reinforcements available.
- Residential and light commercial solutions designed and tested to ASTM E330 for structural test pressures up to 75PSF (DP50).
Pella Impervia windows are finished with our powder-coat finish. It resists chalking and fading – even in dark colors – and keeps your sleek windows looking great for years. Dual-color frames allow you to choose a different color for the exterior, with a White interior. Learn more about finishes.
- Pella Impervia windows are made from our proprietary fiberglass material, the strongest material for windows, engineered for lasting durability.61
- With relentless strength and long-lasting durability, Pella’s proprietary fiberglass helps ensure less maintenance with fewer callbacks.
- Our long-lasting powder-coat finish meets AAMA 624 which is the highest rated fiberglass coating among leading national competitors.
- Exclusive thermoset material won't expand, warp or sag in summer heat, or shrink and turn brittle in harsh winter conditions.
Styling Your Window
Grilles are color-matched to your window or patio door interior and exterior frame color.18
Grilles are color-matched to the interior and exterior frame color. Grilles-between-the-glass are permanently sealed between the panes of insulating glass and create the classic look of individual windowpanes. Extruded aluminum grilles are adhered to both sides of the insulating glass to provide the look of aluminum storefront. Learn more about grille profiles.