Pella® Impervia® Fiberglass Double-Hung Window
Get windows and doors ready to handle virtually anything life throws at them. Pella Impervia double-hung windows are made from our proprietary fiberglass, the strongest material available for windows and patio doors, engineered for lasting durability.61 Equal sightlines provide a clean, consistent aesthetic and a sloped sill design gives the look of a more-traditional double-hung. With our durable powder-coat finish, your double-hung windows will look great for years — inside and out.
Impervia Double-Hung Window Features
- Superior strength with our proprietary fiberglass material61
- Rot- and corrosion-free
- Tested for the extremes and suitable for all climates
- Heavy-duty powder-coat finish, including Black
- Outstanding resistance to water, wind and outside noise, meeting the rigorous performance requirements of a commercial building43
- 100x more impact resistant than a leading wood/plastic composite16
- Tilt-latch to make cleaning easier from the interior
- Sleek profiles and more glass allow for bold, modern designs in an up-to-date color palette, including Black
Inside Pella Fiberglass
Pella Impervia windows are created from our exclusive fiberglass formula. A structural mat places rovings in a specific, intricate order to meet our high strength standards. Additional layers of strategically placed rovings are added, then the materials are pulled through a machine, injected with polymer resin and heated. It creates an entirely new, thermoset material which won't break down when exposed to the elements or lose its shape in extreme heat — unlike other materials.
For the Pros
Pella Impervia Double-Hung Window Specs & Install Details
- Timeless style and proven performance with unmatched strength and lasting durability
- Handles the most extreme heat and cold16
- Interlocking checkrail creates a barrier for air and water infiltration
- Double-hung windows available in sizes up to 47-1/2” x 79-1/2”
- Performance class and grade LC30-LC50
Choosing Your Window
Make a design statement with window combinations. Additional combinations are available. See your Pella sales representative for the complete offering.
Combination Design Considerations
- Create larger, unique combinations, with factory-mulled combinations that help save you time on the jobsite.
- Integral mullion, tight mullion, 1/2” structural mullion or 1” structural mullion with additional steel reinforcements available.
- Residential and light commercial solutions designed and tested to ASTM E330 for structural test pressures up to 75PSF (DP50).
Pella Impervia fiberglass products have a long-lasting factory powder-coat finish in your choice of five colors plus dual-color frame options. Learn more about interior finishes.
- Pella Impervia windows are made from our proprietary fiberglass material, the strongest material for windows, engineered for lasting durability.61
- With relentless strength and long-lasting durability, Pella’s proprietary fiberglass helps ensure less maintenance with fewer callbacks.
- Our long-lasting powder-coat finish meets AAMA 624 which is the highest rated fiberglass coating among leading national competitors.
- Exclusive thermoset material won't expand, warp or sag in summer heat, or shrink and turn brittle in harsh winter conditions.
Styling Your Window
Pella's cam-action locks are available in today's most popular finishes.
These windows are available with a range of hardware finishes to meet most design objectives and budgetary requirements.
- Block-and-tackle balances.
- Surface-mounted sash locks.
- Color-matched or optional finishes.
Grilles give the appearance of individual window panes. Pella offers many grille patterns to help enhance your home's architectural style.
Grilles-between-the-glass create the classic look of individual windowpanes. Learn more about grille profiles.
Conventional fiberglass screens come standard.
Pella InView™ screens let in 14% more light and are 8% more open for improved airflow compared to conventional fiberglass screens.5