Encompass by Pella® Vinyl Single-Hung Window
Encompass by Pella78 single-hung windows are a classic and beautiful addition to your home, with low-maintenance vinyl that is easy on the budget. On single-hung windows, the bottom sash can be raised and lowered while the top sash remains stationary.
Encompass by Pella Single-Hung Window Features
- Exceptional energy efficiency
- Popular styles and options
- Pella's exclusive vinyl formula
- Quality craftsmanship backed by Pella
- Energy-efficient options
- Easy-to-operate balance system
- Tilt wash feature for easy cleaning
- Optional auto-lock hardware
Inside Encompass by Pella
Our windows feature multichambered, fully-welded sashes and frames to improve their strength and thermal performance. The precision welding process makes a strong and more durable product that resists warping and twisting.
For the Pros
Encompass by Pella Single-Hung Window Specs & Install Details
- High-grade vinyl backed by Pella at a price that’s easy on the budget
- Performance rating of R30-R50 and STC of 25
- Single-hung windows available in operable sizes up to 48" x 71-1/2"
- Automatically locking hardware available in the West region
- Installation options include Block Frame, Nail Fin and Nail-Fin with J-Channel; Integral 5/8" Flange available in Florida, Flush Flange also available in West region
Choosing Your Window
Join a window together with other windows to add character to your home’s design. Additional combinations are available. See your Pella sales representative for the complete offering.
Encompass by Pella vinyl products feature easy-care vinyl frames in your choice of three colors. Learn more about frame colors.
- East -Three frame types, 1-5/8" wall depth with nailing fin and 1-5/8" or 2-11/16" wall depth with J-channel. 2" and 3-3/8" overall frame depth with nailing fin.
- West - 1-1/4" wall depth with nailing fin.
- East - 2-11/16" overall frame depth with block frame design.
- West - Four frame types, 2-11/16" and 3-3/8" overall frame depths with block frame design, and 2-11/16" and 3-3/8" in flush flange.
Styling Your Window
Pella's Cam-Action Lock and AutoLock hardware styles are available in your matched color finish.
- Block-and-tackle balances.
- Choice of Cam-Action lock or AutoLock.*
- Integral extruded sash lift built into the sash profile at the check rail.
- Tilt latches that release bottom sash for interior washing.
- Optional limited-opening hardware.
Sash Locks - Pella Cam-Action locks are designed to increase leverage as the window is closed to assure a superior, weathertight seal. Two sash locks are standard on larger single-hung windows. Optional keyed locks and limited-opening hardware are available. Optional AutoLock* automatically locks the window when it is closed.
Easy Wash Feature - Sash tilts inward allowing exterior glass to be cleaned from inside, making cleaning easier.
*See your local Pella representative for availability.
Grilles give the appearance of individual window panes. Pella offers many grille patterns to help enhance your home's architectural style.
Grilles-Between-the-Glass create the classic look of individual windowpanes.
5/8" Flat Grilles-Between-the-Glass
- Permanent aluminum grilles are factory-installed between the panes of glass.
- Color matches frame.
- Multiple grille patterns available.
- Patio doors with grilles-between-the-glass feature Low-E glass for improved energy performance.
- West Region includes 5/8" Flat Grille and 3/4" Contour Grilles.
- East Region includes 3/4" Contour Grilles.
Universal Security Sensors
Stay connected to your windows.
Preserve beauty, add comfort and enhance home security with optional Pella Insynctive® technology.
Conventional Fiberglass Screens
Window and door screens play an important role in your home's light, ventilation and view. Our conventional fiberglass screens allow in light and the breeze and are durable to stay looking great for years. Learn more about screens.