Encompass by Pella Double-Hung Window Features
- Exceptional energy efficiency
- Popular styles and options
- Pella's exclusive vinyl formula
- Quality craftsmanship backed by Pella
- Exclusive weather-repel system
- Strong, fully-welded sash and frame
- Energy-efficient, multichambered frame
Inside Encompass by Pella
Pella’s exclusive weather-repel system on double-hung windows guards against air and water infiltration. With three points of protection to channel water away from the home, you can worry less about drafts and leaks. And with multiple insulating air chambers, you can be more comfortable in your home.
For the Pros
Encompass by Pella Double-Hung Window Specs & Install Details
- Competitively priced, easy-care vinyl backed by Pella
- Performance rating of R20-R50 and STC of 25-26
- Double-hung windows available in the East region in operable sizes up to 48” x 78"
- Pella’s weather protection system helps protect a home from leaks and drafts
- Installation options include Block Frame, Nail Fin and Nail-Fin with J-Channel
Choosing Your Window
Join a window together with other windows to add character to your home’s design. Additional combinations are available. See your Pella sales representative for the complete offering.
Encompass by Pella vinyl products feature easy-care vinyl frames in your choice of three colors. Learn more about frame colors.
Frame Types - East Region
- Replacement frame design.
- Special sizes available in 1/8" increments.
- 3-1/4" base wall depth with Block frame.
- 2-9/16" overall wall depth with nailing fin and nailing fin with J-channel.
- Standard and special sizes available in 1/8" increments.
Nail Fin with J-Channel
Styling Your Window
Pella’s Cam-Action Lock hardware style is available in finishes to match your frame color.
Sash Locks - Pella cam-action locks are designed to increase leverage as the window is closed to assure a superior weathertight seal. Two sash locks are standard on larger double-hung windows. Optional keyed locks and limited-opening hardware are available.
Standard Vent Stop and Window Opening Control Device
- Constant force balances.
- Two standard vent stops located on the top sash of each unit.
- Optional Window Opening Control Device (ASTM F 2090 Compliant) in exchange with standard vent stop.
Standard Vent Stop
Grilles give the appearance of individual window panes. Pella offers many grille patterns to help enhance your home's architectural style.
Grilles-Between-the-Glass create the classic look of individual windowpanes.
5/8" Flat Grilles-Between-the-Glass
- Permanent aluminum grilles are factory-installed between the panes of glass.
- Color matches frame.
- Multiple grille patterns available.
- Patio doors with grilles-between-the-glass feature Low-E glass for improved energy performance.
- West Region includes 5/8" Flat Grille and 3/4" Contour Grilles.
- East Region includes 3/4" Contour Grilles.
Universal Security Sensors
Conventional Fiberglass Screens
Window and door screens play an important role in your home's light, ventilation and view. Our conventional fiberglass screens allow in light and the breeze and are durable to stay looking great for years. Learn more about screens.