Pella® Architect Series® – Traditional Wood Casement Window
Pella Architect Series – Traditional casement windows are hinged at the side, swing outward and are easily opened and closed with the turn of a fold-away crank. Crafted from our most customizable material, traditional Architect Series casement windows are available in a variety of warm finishes. Hardware in rich patinas help complete the look. Casement windows are well suited for hard-to-reach-areas like over the kitchen sink, easily opened and closed with the turn of a fold-away crank.
Architect Series - Traditional Casement Window Features
- Best limited lifetime warranty for wood windows47
- Natural beauty and warmth
- Low-maintenance exterior aluminum cladding
- Exclusive wood protection
- Our most customizable material
- Optional integrated security sensors
- Custom exterior colors available
- Fold-away window hardware
- Virtually unlimited design choices
Browse Other Pella Architect Series - Traditional Windows
Inside Architect Series
Designed for durability and featuring exclusive wood protection, Architect Series windows provide long-lasting beauty and performance. Pella's EnduraGuard® wood protection is applied after the pieces have been cut and milled, but prior to final assembly, providing advanced protection against the elements.
For the Pros
Architect Series - Traditional Casement Window Specs & Install Details
- Available in three wood types: Pine, Mahogany, and Douglas Fir.
- Operable sizes up to 2' 11" x 6' 1".
- Patented Sure-lock system, one lever operates all locks on the sash.
- Performance Grade up to PG75.
- Egress and limited opening hardware available.
- Ogee exterior sash panel profile.
Choosing Your Window
Create window combinations to add architectural interest to your home. Other combinations are also available. See your Pella sales representative for the complete offering.
Architect Series products offers three exquisite wood types to enhance your home's design. Learn more about materials.
And, we stand behind them with a limited lifetime warranty. See written Limited Warranty for details, including exceptions and limitations.
Pella wood products can arrive with factory-prefinished interiors in your choice of eleven beautiful stain colors or four paint colors. Primed ready-to-paint interiors are also available.2
Our low-maintenance, aluminum-clad exteriors with EnduraClad® resist chalking and fading and are available in 27 standard colors and custom options to meet your design needs. Take durability further with EnduraClad Plus protective finish, which meets the industry’s highest exterior coating standard to defend against chalking and fading.57
Aluminum-clad wood products are available with Pella's high performance EnduraClad® protective finishes or EnduraClad Plus protective exterior finishes to help keep your vision fresh and crisp for years.
- Durable, low-maintenance EnduraClad aluminum cladding with EnduraClad protective finish for most projects where resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and abrasion is needed. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2603.
- Seacoast EnduraClad protective finish for coastal projects with high salt exposure.
- 70% fluoropolymer resin-based EnduraClad Plus protective finish for select projects, where a high degree of resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and corrosion is needed – and only full-strength 70% fluoropolymer resin finishes can deliver. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2605.
Styling Your Window
Pella's fold-away crank is available in today's most popular finishes.
Antiek - Bright Brass
All styles include:
- Integrated crank with fold-away handle so it doesn't interfere with roomside window treatments.
- Patented Unison Lock system with stainless-steel operating arm and hinges.
- Optional limited-opening hardware.
SureLock® Unison Lock System
This patented locking system reaches out to pull the sash against the weatherstripping to form a tight seal. A concealed linkage secures multiple locks with a single easy-to-reach handle. For operable awnings over 2' 5" in height and awnings with impact-resistant glass, the Unison Lock System is at the jambs.
- Standard awning: one lock installed on units less than 29" wide, two unison operating locks installed on units over 29" wide.
- Large awning: one installed on units with frame heights less than 41", two unison operating locks installed on units over 41" frame height.
Grilles give the appearance of individual window panes. Pella offers many grille patterns to help enhance your home's architectural style.
For the classic look of individual windowpanes, choose grilles-between-the-glass and Integral Light Technology Grilles. Learn more about grilles
7/8" Ogee Integral Light Technology
Three grille types are available on Architect Series windows
- Integral Light Technology® Grilles are historically accurate; adhered to the exterior and interior face.
- Grilles-between-the-glass are permanent aluminum grilles that are factory installed between the panes of glass to provide easy cleaning.
- Removable Interior grilles can be removed for glass cleaning.
Integral Light Technology® Grilles
Integrated Security Sensors
Stay connected to your windows.
Preserve beauty, add comfort and enhance home security with innovative Pella Insynctive® technology.
Built-in beauty. Optional integrated sensors with time-tested wireless technology are built in and tucked away, out of sight, to preserve the beauty of Pella windows.
Protect what matters most. Monitor windows while at home or away with the Pella Insynctive App.40
Maintain warranty. Sensors are installed during manufacturing and require no additional drilling. Learn more about Insynctive.
Window screens play an important role in your home's light, ventilation, and view. Pella's high-transparency screens are made of a finer screen fabric than conventional screens, so they allow more air and natural light to flow into your home – and your view is crisp and clear. And unlike ordinary screens they're practically invisible from the street, so they improve your home's curb appeal. Learn more about screens.
- Pella Vivid View® screens truly bring the outdoors in with 29% more light and are 21% more open for improved airflow compared to conventional fiberglass screens.5
- Pella InView™ screens let in 14% more light and are 8% more open for improved airflow compared to conventional fiberglass screens.5
- Rolscreen® retractable screens roll up and down like a shade on casement windows. They disappear when you don't need them, allowing more light into your room.