Pella® Architect Series® – Contemporary Wood Awning Window
Popular in hard to reach places, Pella Architect Series - Contemporary awning windows open and close easily with the turn of a crank. Featuring expansive glass and slim sightlines, these windows let more light into your home. Sleek, minimalist hardware and modern finishes complete the contemporary design.
Architect Series - Contemporary Awning Window Features
- Best limited lifetime warranty for wood windows47
- Natural beauty and warmth
- Low-maintenance exterior aluminum cladding
- Exclusive wood protection
- Our most customizable material
- Square grille profiles complement contemporary designs
- Exceptional energy efficiency
- Interior stain colors in the most popular colors, including Black
- Integrated security sensors available
Browse Other Pella Architect Series - Contemporary Windows
Inside Architect Series
Architect Series - Contemporary windows are protected with our EnduraGuard® wood protection. With an immersion-treatment method, it helps protect against the effects of moisture, decay and stains from mold and mildew. Quality EnduraClad® aluminum-clad exteriors resist chalking and fading and interior finishes can be factory-prefinished and kiln-cured for a durable finish.
For the Pros
Architect Series - Contemporary Awning Window Specs & Install Details
- Exclusive contemporary hardware and finishes.
- Standard and custom sizes up to 4' 5" x 2' 5".
- Large awnings with maximum width of 4'11" and maximum height of 6'1".
- Optional grilles with square profile.
- Performance Grade up to PG50.
- Expansive glass without compromising energy efficiency.
Choosing Your Window
Create walls of glass with combinations of windows. Additional combinations are available. See your Pella sales representative for the complete offering.
Architect Series products offers three exquisite wood types to enhance your home's design. Learn more about materials.
And, we stand behind them with a limited lifetime warranty. See written Limited Warranty for details, including exceptions and limitations.
Pella wood products can arrive with factory-prefinished interiors in your choice of eleven beautiful stain colors or four paint colors. Primed ready-to-paint interiors are also available.2
Our low-maintenance, aluminum-clad exteriors with EnduraClad® resist chalking and fading and are available in 27 standard colors and custom options to meet your design needs. Take durability further with EnduraClad Plus protective finish, which meets the industry’s highest exterior coating standard to defend against chalking and fading.57
Aluminum-clad wood products are available with Pella's high performance EnduraClad® protective finishes or EnduraClad Plus protective exterior finishes to help keep your vision fresh and crisp for years.
- Durable, low-maintenance EnduraClad aluminum cladding with EnduraClad protective finish for most projects where resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and abrasion is needed. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2603.
- Seacoast EnduraClad protective finish for coastal projects with high salt exposure.
- 70% fluoropolymer resin-based EnduraClad Plus protective finish for select projects, where a high degree of resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and corrosion is needed – and only full-strength 70% fluoropolymer resin finishes can deliver. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2605.
Styling Your Window
Pella's Saldo fold-away crank is available in today's most popular finishes.
Saldo - Oil-Rubbed Bronze
- Integrated crank with fold-away handle so it doesn't interfere with roomside window treatments.
- Patented Unison Lock system with stainless-steel operating arm and hinges.
- Optional limited-opening hardware.
SureLock® Unison Lock System
This patented locking system reaches out to pull the sash against the weatherstripping to form a tight seal. A concealed linkage secures multiple locks with a single easy-to-reach handle. For operable awnings over 2' 5" in height and awnings with impact-resistant glass, the Unison Lock System is at the jambs. tandard awning has one lock installed on units less than 29" wide, two unison operating locks installed on units over 29" wide.
Roto-Operator AssemblyStainless-steel operator linkage, hinge slide, and hinge arms resist rust and corrosion and ensure years of dependable performance.
Grilles give the appearance of individual window panes. Pella offers many grille patterns to help enhance your home's architectural style.
For the classic look of individual windowpanes, choose grilles-between-the-glass and Integral Light Technology Grilles. Learn more about grilles
5/8" Square Integral Light Technology
Two grille types are available on Architect Series - Contemporary windows.
Integral Light Technology® Grilles come in a square profile matching contemporary products; adhered to the exterior and interior face.
- Between-the-glass nonglare spacers, which are aligned with the interior and exterior grilles, replicate the appearance of true divided lights.
- Grilles have been approved the National Park Service on a project-by-project basis for use on historic projects involving federal tax credits.
Grilles-between-the-glass are permanent aluminum grilles that are factory installed between the panes of glass to provide easy cleaning.
- Grilles are 3/4" wide.
Integral Light Technology® Grilles
Integrated Security Sensors
Stay connected to your windows.
Preserve beauty, add comfort and enhance home security with innovative Pella Insynctive® technology.
Built-in beauty. Optional integrated sensors with time-tested wireless technology are built in and tucked away, out of sight, to preserve the beauty of Pella windows.
Protect what matters most. Monitor windows while at home or away with the Pella Insynctive App.40
Maintain warranty. Sensors are installed during manufacturing and require no additional drilling. Learn more about Insynctive.
Window screens play an important role in your home's light, ventilation, and view. Pella's high-transparency screens are made of a finer screen fabric than conventional screens, so they allow more air and natural light to flow into your home – and your view is crisp and clear. And unlike ordinary screens they're practically invisible from the street, so they improve your home's curb appeal. Learn more about screens.