Pella® Architect Series® – Traditional Sliding Patio Door
Pella Architect Series - Traditional sliding patio doors glide open and closed along a track, saving space in tight areas. Upgrade a standard screen to a Rolscreen® retractable screen for added convenience. With virtually unlimited sizes, grille patterns and exterior colors, your sliding patio door is built to meet your home's unique needs.
Architect Series - Traditional Sliding Patio Door Features
- Best limited lifetime warranty for wood patio doors47
- Natural beauty and warmth
- Low-maintenance exterior aluminum cladding
- Exclusive wood protection
- Our most customizable material
- Optional Rolscreen retractable screen
- Beautiful hardware from Baldwin®
- Three standard wood species
- Integrated security sensors available
Pella Architect Series
Designed for durability and featuring exclusive wood protection, Architect Series sliding patio door provide long-lasting beauty and performance. Pella’s exclusive EnduraGuard® wood protection is applied after the pieces have been cut and milled, but prior to final assembly, providing advanced protection against the elements. Our intentional jamb/sill design helps reduce the potential to absorb moisture and our three-way corner joint adds strength.
For the Pros
Architect Series - Traditional Sliding Patio Door Specs & Install Details
- Distinguished craftsmanship and nearly endless possibilities with dramatic sizes, custom colors, finishes, profiles and product types
- Configurations with up to four panels and performance class and grade LC25-LC70 and STC 29-35
- Sliding patio doors available from 30-3/4” to 236-1/8” wide and 119-1/2” tall in 1/8” increments
- Fold-out Fin, Block Frame, EnduraClad Exterior Trim / Brickmould installation options
- Operable door panels are on the exterior for added resistance to water infiltration and air
Choosing Your Patio Door
Pella wood products can arrive with factory-prefinished interiors in your choice of eleven beautiful stain colors or four paint colors. Primed ready-to-paint interiors are also available.2
Our low-maintenance, aluminum-clad exteriors with EnduraClad® resist chalking and fading and are available in a wide variety of colors and custom options to meet your design needs. Take durability further with EnduraClad Plus protective finish, which meets the industry’s highest exterior coating standard to defend against chalking and fading.57
Aluminum-clad wood products are available with Pella's high performance EnduraClad® protective finishes or EnduraClad Plus protective exterior finishes to help keep your vision fresh and crisp for years.
- Durable, low-maintenance EnduraClad aluminum cladding with EnduraClad protective finish for most projects where resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and abrasion is needed. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2603.
- Seacoast EnduraClad protective finish for coastal projects with high salt exposure.
- 70% fluoropolymer resin-based EnduraClad Plus protective finish for select projects, where a high degree of resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and corrosion is needed – and only full-strength 70% fluoropolymer resin finishes can deliver. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2605.
Styling Your Patio Door
Add personality to your door with our beautiful hardware collections – created with the sophistication you would expect from Pella and Baldwin Reserve™ Hardware. Choose from our Classic, Modern and Rustic Collections, all with SmartKey Re-Key Technology, or the Pella Essential Collection for a seamless look.
Plazo - Satin Nickel
Grilles give the appearance of individual window panes. Pella offers many grille patterns to help enhance your home’s architectural style. Learn more about grille patterns.
For the classic look of individual windowpanes, choose grilles-between-the-glass, removable roomside wood grilles and Integral Light Technology Grilles.
7/8" Ogee Integral Light Technology
Three grille types are available on Architect Series - Traditional windows and patio doors.
- Integral Light Technology® Grilles are historically accurate; adhered to the exterior and interior face.
- Grilles-between-the-glass are permanent aluminum grilles that are factory installed between the panes of glass to provide easy cleaning.
- Removable Interior Grilles can be removed for glass cleaning.
Integral Light Technology® Grilles
Patio Door Enhancements
Integrated Security Sensors
Stay connected to your doors.
Preserve beauty, add comfort and enhance home security with innovative Pella Insynctive® technology.
Built-in beauty. Optional integrated sensors with time-tested wireless technology are built in and tucked away, out of sight, to preserve the beauty of Pella doors.
Protect what matters most. Monitor doors while at home or away with the Pella Insynctive App.40
Maintain warranty. Sensors are installed during manufacturing and require no additional drilling. Learn more about Insynctive.
Pella's high-transparency screens are made of a finer screen fabric than conventional screens for a clear view that allows more air and natural light to flow into your home. And, they're practically invisible from the street so they enhance your home's curb appeal. Learn more about screens.
- Pella's InView™ screens let in 14% more light and are 8% more open for improved airflow compared to conventional fiberglass screens.5
- Rolscreen soft-closing retractable screens roll out of sight when not in use.
Self-Closing Screen Doors
- High-transparency InView™ fiberglass screens let in 14% more light and 8% more airflow than conventional fiberglass screens.
Self-closing screen assembly is top-hung on two adjustable nylon rollers installed on roomside of door panels.
Screen frame interior is available in unfinished or prefinished Mahogany, Douglas Fir or Pine veneer wrapped over extruded aluminum.