Pella® Architect Series® – Traditional Hinged Patio Door
Pella Architect Series - Traditional hinged patio doors, also known as French doors, swing open from the center. Choose optional upgrades like triple-pane or impact-resistant glass, integrated security sensors and custom grille patterns to create a traditional patio door styled for your unique space. Premium hardware from Baldwin® adds the perfect finishing touch.
Architect Series - Traditional Hinged Patio Door Features
- Best limited lifetime warranty for wood patio doors47
- Natural beauty and warmth
- Low-maintenance exterior aluminum cladding
- Exclusive wood protection
- Our most customizable material
- Triple-pane and impact-resistant glass available
- Exclusive, premium Baldwin® hardware
- Durable aluminum-clad exterior finishes
- Energy-efficient grilles
Browse Other Pella Architect Series - Traditional Patio Doors
Pella Architect Series
Architect Series – Traditional hinged patio doors are protected with our EnduraGuard® wood protection and aluminum-clad exteriors. With an immersion-treatment method, EnduraGuard helps protect against the effects of moisture, decay and stains from mold and mildew. Our EnduraClad® aluminum-clad exteriors resist chalking and fading and interior finishes can be factory-prefinished and kiln-cured for a durable finish.
For the Pros
Architect Series - Traditional Hinged Patio Door Specs & Install Details
- Available in three wood types: Pine, Mahogany, and Douglas Fir.
- In-swing and out-swing options available.
- Configured as single- or double-panel doors with available sidelights and transoms.
- Operable sizes up to 9' 11-1/2" x 8' for double doors.
- Available with Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Krypton or Argon.
Choosing Your Patio Door
Create combinations to add architectural interest to your home. Other combinations are also available. See your Pella sales representative for the complete offering.
Pella wood products can arrive with factory-prefinished interiors in your choice of eleven beautiful stain colors or four paint colors. Primed ready-to-paint interiors are also available.2
Our low-maintenance, aluminum-clad exteriors with EnduraClad® resist chalking and fading and are available in 27 standard colors and custom options to meet your design needs. Take durability further with EnduraClad Plus protective finish, which meets the industry’s highest exterior coating standard to defend against chalking and fading.57
Aluminum-clad wood products are available with Pella's high performance EnduraClad® protective finishes or EnduraClad Plus protective exterior finishes to help keep your vision fresh and crisp for years.
- Durable, low-maintenance EnduraClad aluminum cladding with EnduraClad protective finish for most projects where resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and abrasion is needed. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2603.
- Seacoast EnduraClad protective finish for coastal projects with high salt exposure.
- 70% fluoropolymer resin-based EnduraClad Plus protective finish for select projects, where a high degree of resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and corrosion is needed – and only full-strength 70% fluoropolymer resin finishes can deliver. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2605.
Styling Your Patio Door
Add personality to your door with our beautiful hardware collections – created with the sophistication you would expect from Pella and Baldwin Reserve™ Hardware. Choose from our Classic, Modern and Rustic Collections, all with SmartKey Re-Key Technology, or the Pella Essential Collection for a seamless look.
Spiere - Satin Nickel
- Adjustable Hinges - Adjustable hinges allow for horizontal and vertical adjustment after the door has been permanently installed, ensuring smooth operation over time.
- Multipoint Lock - The mortised and keyed multipoint locking system secures the door at multiple points for added security.
- User-Friendly Flushbolt Locking System - Pulling up on the passive door handle locks the flushbolt at the top and bottom. Pulling up on the active door handle engages the multipoint lock at the top, middle and bottom of the panel.
Grilles give the appearance of individual window panes. Pella offers many grille patterns to help enhance your home’s architectural style. Learn more about grille patterns
For the classic look of individual windowpanes, choose grilles-between-the-glass, removable roomside wood grilles and Integral Light Technology Grilles.
7/8" Ogee Integral Light Technology
Three grille types are available on Architect Series windows
- Integral Light Technology® Grilles are historically accurate; adhered to the exterior and interior face.
- Grilles-between-the-glass are permanent aluminum grilles that are factory installed between the panes of glass to provide easy cleaning.
- Removable Interior grilles can be removed for glass cleaning.
Integral Light Technology® Grilles
Patio Door Enhancements
Integrated Security Sensors
Stay connected to your doors.
Preserve beauty, add comfort and enhance home security with innovative Pella Insynctive® technology.
Built-in beauty. Optional integrated sensors with time-tested wireless technology are built in and tucked away, out of sight, to preserve the beauty of Pella doors.
Protect what matters most. Monitor doors while at home or away with the Pella Insynctive App.40
Maintain warranty. Sensors are installed during manufacturing and require no additional drilling. Learn more about Insynctive.
Pella's high-transparency screens are made of a finer screen fabric than conventional screens for a clear view that allows more air and natural light to flow into your home. And, they're practically invisible from the street so they enhance your home's curb appeal. Learn more about screens.
Pella's InView™ screens let in 14% more light and are 8% more open for improved airflow compared to conventional fiberglass screens.5
Self-Closing Screen Doors
- Pella's self-closing screen door gently closes every time someone closes it.
- High-transparency InView™ fiberglass screens let in 14% more light and 8% more airflow than conventional fiberglass screens.
- Self-closing screen assembly is top-hung on two adjustable nylon rollers installed on roomside of door panels.
- Screen frame exterior is painted to match exterior color.
- Screen frame interior is available in unfinished or prefinished Mahogany, Douglas Fir or Pine veneer wrapped over extruded aluminum.
Latches securely in place
Glides easily away
Stores out of sight