Pella® Architect Series® – Traditional Commercial Entrance Door
Pella Architect Series – Traditional commercial entrance doors are an exceptional choice for commercial projects. Available with low-profile sills and standard 32” openings, these commercial entrance doors are ADA compliant. Ogee profiles and functional hardware to complement your commercial space.
Architect Series - Traditional Commercial Entrance Door Features
- Best limited lifetime warranty for wood patio doors47
- Natural beauty and warmth
- Low-maintenance exterior aluminum cladding
- Exclusive wood protection
- Our most customizable material
- High-performing energy-efficient options
- Ogee profiles
- ADA compliant sills and 32” clear openings
Inside Architect Series
Designed for durability and featuring exclusive wood protection, Architect Series doors provide long-lasting beauty and performance. Pella's EnduraGuard® wood protection is applied after the pieces have been cut and milled, but prior to final assembly, providing advanced protection against the elements.
For the Pros
Architect Series – Traditional Commercial Entrance Door Specs & Install Details
- Distinguished craftsmanship and nearly endless possibilities
- Low-profile ADA compliant sills and 32” clear opening width
- Available in sizes from 48” x 79-1/2” to 73-1/2” x 95-1/2”
- Installation options include Fold-out Fin, Block Frame, EnduraClad Exterior Trim / Brickmould
- Create architectural interest with optional transoms and sidelights
Choosing Your Door
Create combinations to add architectural interest to your storefront. Other combinations are also available. See your Pella sales representative for the complete offering.
Pella Architect Series commercial entrance doors offer five exquisite interior wood types to enhance your design. Learn more about wood types
Pella wood products can arrive with factory-prefinished interiors in your choice of eight beautiful stain colors or four paint colors. Primed ready-to-paint interiors are also available.2
Our low-maintenance, aluminum-clad exteriors with EnduraClad® resist chalking and fading and are available in a wide variety of colors and custom options to meet your design needs. Take durability further with EnduraClad Plus protective finish, which meets the industry’s highest exterior coating standard to defend against chalking and fading.57
Aluminum-clad wood products are available with Pella's high performance EnduraClad® protective finishes or EnduraClad Plus protective exterior finishes to help keep your vision fresh and crisp for years.
- Durable, low-maintenance EnduraClad aluminum cladding with EnduraClad protective finish for most projects where resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and abrasion is needed. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2603.
- Seacoast EnduraClad protective finish for coastal projects with high salt exposure.
- 70% fluoropolymer resin-based EnduraClad Plus protective finish for select projects, where a high degree of resistance to fading, chalking, chemicals and corrosion is needed – and only full-strength 70% fluoropolymer resin finishes can deliver. Meets the performance requirements of AAMA 2605.
Styling Your Door
These doors are supplied without hardware to accommodate various hardware needs driven by local code requirements and architectural specifications.
Guidelines for selecting hardware from your supplier:
Mortise locks - Maximum mortise route dimensions are shown below for doors with standard stile dimensions. Maximum height of the mortise route is 10". Routes should be sealed before the locks are installed for added moisture protection.
Cylinder locks - Maximum diameter of bore is 2-1/8". Minimum backset is 2-3/8"; maximum is 2-3/4".
Door closers - Surface-applied door closers with mounting devices that anchor into the structural header of the rough opening are recommended. Devices that anchor to the door frame only are not approved for use on Pella doors. Concealed closers that are routed into the top of the door panel are not recommended.
Exit devices - Surface-mounted vertical rod hardware is recommended. Concealed vertical rod hardware is not recommended.
Kick plates and push plates - Recommended to protect the finish.
Sill and hinge finishes - Mill and Bronze sill finishes. Hinge will complement the sill finish.
Ball-bearing hinges - Three hinges on doors with a frame height of 6'10" or less. Four hinges on doors over 6' 10" frame height up to and including 8' 0" frame height.
Grilles give the appearance of individual windowpanes. Pella offers many grille patterns to help enhance the architectural style. Learn more about grille patterns
For the classic look of individual windowpanes, choose grilles-between-the-glass, removable roomside wood grilles and Integral Light Technology Grilles.
7/8" Ogee Integral Light Technology
Three grille types are available on Architect Series - Traditional windows and patio doors.
- Integral Light Technology® Grilles are historically accurate; adhered to the exterior and interior face.
- Grilles-between-the-glass are permanent aluminum grilles that are factory installed between the panes of glass to provide easy cleaning.
- Removable Interior Grilles can be removed for glass cleaning.
Integral Light Technology® Grilles