Make your home as close to hurricane proof as you can with Pella's window and door technology.
Impact-Resistant Hurricane Windows and Patio Doors
When strong, hurricane winds enter a home through broken windows or doors, the increased pressure can lift off the roof and push out the structure.
Meets Stringent Building Codes
Outstanding impact-resistant glass24 technology for excellent protection.
- Exceptionally strong polymer interlayer is sandwiched between two sheets of glass to reinforce your windows during a hurricane.
- The interlayer holds the glass together if it’s shattered – helping prevent damage and injury that can be caused by wind, water and debris entering your home.
- Can withstand an impact equivalent to that of a 2-by-4 traveling at 50 feet per second – your house isn't hurricane proof but using HurricaneShield will give you a higher level of protection.
Innovative Protection for Your Home and Family
Added safety and security.
- Pella’s impact-resistant glass helps prevent forced entry – the interlayer cannot be easily penetrated, even if the glass is shattered.
- No storm shutters are needed.
- Hurricane windows and doors may add equity to your home and could reduce insurance premiums.25
Exceptional Performance Every Day
Low energy costs
Pella HurricaneShield windows and patio doors offer the energy-efficient options that will meet or exceed ENERGY STAR guidelines.1
Dramatic noise reduction
Impact-resistant glass helps block outside noise like traffic and lawn mowers.
Superior fade protection
Impact-resistant glass blocks out nearly 100% of harmful UV rays.
Next Page: Custom Products
Inspired Design. Exceptional Detail.
Get inspiration and upcoming local offers...