Touching-up and repairing your Architect Series®, Pella® and Encompass by Pella® entry doors and frames.
Stain and Topcoat
- Wipe damaged area using a clean cotton swab or cotton rag damp with mineral spirits. Allow area to completely dry before applying stain.
- Make sure the color-matched stain is shaken/mixed well before using for touch-up.
- Apply stain to damaged area using an artist brush. DO NOT over-brush the area.
- Dab at the freshly applied stain with a cotton swab until color match is achieved.
NOTE: Repeat stain application and dabbing until desired look is achieved. Allow newly stained area to dry before applying topcoat.
- Using a polyurethane varnish, apply a fine coat of topcoat over the restained area with a clean artist’s brush. Blend as necessary.
NOTE: Large areas of damage may require refinishing instead of repair (see “Refinishing the door” on page 4.7).
NOTE: Do not sand damaged area.
- Wipe damaged area using a clean cotton swab or cotton rag damp with water. Allow area to completely dry before applying paint.
- Make sure the color-matched paint is shaken/mixed well before using for touch-up.
- Apply a thin layer of color-matched paint to damaged area using an artist’s brush.
NOTE: Use a finer brush for smaller scratches or scuffs.
- Avoid inhalation of fumes or ingestion of stains, topcoats or paints. Follow material-specific safety instructions if necessary.
- Only use materials in a well-ventilated area.
- Keep all materials out of the reach of children.
- Close all containers when not in use
Questions? Call us at 1-877-473-5527